Born in Rome on 18th July 1958
- High school diploma, obtained in 1977.
- Degree in Law, obtained cum laude in 1980 at the “Sapienza”, University of Rome (dissertation in civil law supervised by Professor Michele Giorgianni).
- Enrolled to the Roman Bar Council Association in 1985.
- Obtained a qualification for legal aid before the Supreme Court and other higher jurisdictions in 1997.
- 1981-1988: Assonime Representative – Legal and Tax Service of the Confindustria, Piazza Venezia n. 11, Rome; business included: drafting of newsletters to comment on legislation and administrative action, pro-veritate opinions to members, relations with Ministries, updating meetings with the administrative managers of partner companies.
- 1988-1999: Partner (since 1990) of the firm ‘Fantozzi e Associati’, Via Sicilia n. 66, Rome; business conducted: legal and tax advisory, assistance and representation of the firm’s clients in court and the Court of Appeal.
- 1999-2005: Equity partner of Andersen Legal/Deloitte, Via XX Settembre n. 1, Rome; law firm of the Arthur Andersen/Deloitte network, of which he was the Italian head of Litigation, coordinating over 50 experts from the Rome, Milan, Bologna and Genoa offices.
- 2005-present: founder of the firm ‘Giontella e Associati’, via Cardinal De Luca n. 10, Rome, a firm founded with the purpose in mind of achieving a totally independent professional entity.
This professional career has found scientific support in the publication of numerous articles and briefings to rulings in sector journals on a national and university scale and on single subject topics, as well as interventions as a speaker at tax conferences organised by universities, from the Sole 24 Ore and Paradigma newspapers.
He was recognised by the ‘Il Mondo’ magazine on the 28th May 1999 as being among the most qualified Italian experts operating in the tax sector in Italy.
In the field of sports law, he has gained significant experiences by representing sportsmen and clubs before Federations, sports leagues and federal justice bodies.
- Director of the Piaggio Roma Volley Club from 1999 to 2002 – which won the Italian volleyball championship in 2000 – with sole responsibility for sports law disputes.
- Member of the Integration Committee of the Italian branches during the incorporation process of Arthur Andersen into Deloitte and Touche Tomatsu.
- National Sports Attorney at CONI since 2015.